Thursday, April 7, 2011

Linda Hamilton's Arms




I’ve always wanted Linda Hamilton’s terminator 2 arms.  They are the perfect arms as far as I can tell.  In fact, I’ve always wanted to be Linda Hamilton with her Terminator 2 body minus that cigerette (ew).  So I’ve been researching and googling until my fingers are tired, and have found what is reportedly her workout for back in the day:

She had a trainer (duh) and worked out 6 days a week for 6 hours a day.  Now, none of us have that kind of time so let’s be a bit more realistic. 

For cardio, she did several different cardio routines throughout her day of training.  I’m a runner, so that’s what I recommend.  Running for a minimum of 45 minutes a day.  And I run at least 6 days a week so of course, I think everyone should run 6 days a week. 
For her upper body specifically, one should train 4 times per week.
On Mondays and Thursdays - train chest, shoulders, triceps:

Dumbbell bench press 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Inclined flies 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Lateral raises 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Front raises 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Triceps kickbacks 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps

On Tuesdays and Fridays - train back and biceps

One-arm rows 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Bent-over rows 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps
Standing curls 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps

Once the torn muscle in my right bicep heals, I'll begin this arm workout and will keep you posted.  Who's your inspiration?  

No comments: