Friday, April 8, 2011

Reasons Why I Run, pt 1



It took me a long time to acknowledge that I am a runner.  I was in denial for over a year - until I ran my first half.  I also was in denial about a lot of other things that running has helped me sort through.  
We all have our own reasons for running.  Some of the reasons we openly acknowledge, and other reasons...well we keep them hidden (even from ourselves sometimes).  I run for a multitude of reasons, but recently, I finally admitted that I run because...I like to eat.  

I'm very disciplined in my nutritional needs and have learned that food is simply fuel and not a friend.  I have learned that I eat for function and purpose and not because it is just there to be eatten.  But then there is a time every now and then, that I like to throw caution to the wind and just eat because I enjoy it.  

So above, is why I really love to run.  A simple indulgence that happens rarely.  Jalapeno bread and a glass of moscato.  After a good 9 mile run.  Now, that's a reason to run.  Why do you run? 

1 comment:

Rahshell said...

I run (wogging really) because I have a 1 yr old and a 3 year old and I want to play with them til THEY knock out. I run because I want to be the healthiest me I can be and I hate the gym :)