Monday, August 20, 2012

India Update 5

Our little missionary has been busy on her adventure in New Delhi.  She has already had to move in her short time of being there but seems to be adjusting well.  Here is the latest from K - 

Sunday 19/8/2012

            This past week has been rather uneventful for the most part. Wednesday was Indian Independence Day and there was a party across the street that woke me up at 7 in the morning. I was not a happy camper that morning. After that the day just got worse and worse. I was staying with J, the girl I just moved in with a few hours ago, and she was in meetings all day so I was home by myself. I had sat in the living room to read my bible and just started sobbing. I couldn’t control it. I just cried and cried and cried. I was crying so hard it was difficult to breathe at points and my eyes became so red and puffy. I was so homesick and not enjoying my time in India. 

My family here has been great, but with them moving there’s been nothing for me to do really, and I did not like that. As the day went on it just got worse and I cried more and more. When my parents woke up, I called them on skype right away and that really helped and when J got home I talked to her and she had dealt with some of the same things too. That evening we just hung out at home. We ordered KFC and I told her all about Servant Team and my experiences through the conference over the years. Although, it made me sad, thinking about how much I miss my ST family, I really enjoyed talking about it all and talking about the people individually. It brought so much joy to my heart. That night I talked to God for a while.
       Thursday, J was in meetings again, so I was on my own. This day was much better. I got to skype two of my best friends first thing in the morning, which was an amazing way to start the day. After them I talked to another one of my good friends, Logan. It was definitely the longest conversation we’ve ever had. We talked a lot about the summer, next summer and about some personal experiences, and he was very encouraging throughout the whole conversation. After we got done, I was reading my Bible again and realized how much God had changed me in the 3 short weeks I had been here. I had grown and matured not only spiritually but as a person as well. It was awesome and I had found so much joy in the Lord and wanted to share it with everyone. It was amazing and I was finally trusting God whole heartedly. It was definitely the best feeling ever. Things have only gone up since then.

Should have a lot more exciting stuff going on this week.  

Sounds to me like K needs lots of love, prayer support and maybe even some home sent sentiments.  If you are not her personal friend and are interested in contacting her, please let me know and I'll make arrangements.  In the meantime, I ask that you continue to hold her up in daily prayer.  

One good thing - she's found Nutella there.  So...we can all rejoice in that.  

Post a Comment