Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sweetie's Adventure in India - pt 2

This is a 2nd installment of Sweetie's adventure in India.  While she is sleeping more peacefully now, I ask that you continue to pray for sweet and peaceful sleep for her.  To figure out what time is it in India, you can either just set your clock setting on your iPhone for India (which is the easiest way) or you simply switch the am for pm, then subtract 1 1/2 hours from the current time.  For example, when it is noon here, it will be 10:30sh pm there.  


 (one of the pictures that Sweetie sent)

Here's what Sweetie has sent me for today: 

Thursday 2/8/2012

                  The people I am staying with left for Calcutta yesterday morning for meetings with their company, so it is just me and their two kids here. It’s been pretty good. Tuesday morning the electricity went out again, but it was only out two hours this time. It went off again later that day for about 30 minutes but it wasn’t a big deal, just a little hot. While the electricity was off in the morning we went to the mall and had lunch and shopped around. I found some good stuff to bring people back. We went and saw the Dark Knight, too. IT WAS SO GOOD!!! I enjoy going to the movies here cause it kinda makes me feel like I’m back home in the states and makes me a little less homesick for a while. After the movie we just came back home and chilled for a little bit. 

I stayed up late on my computer, afraid to turn off the lights. It’s not that I’m scared of them [the demons], I know I have all I need to defeat them, it’s just very eerie and creepy to me that they could be watching me while I sleep and I can’t see them. However, I have been sleeping much better. I’ve slept completely through the past few nights and have only had good dreams (pray those keep coming).

This morning, their daughter, Mattie and I went to a home for girls that have been rescued from bad homes. Some of them were involved in human trafficking, taken advantage of by males in their home or used as child labor. We had a lot of fun with them. We played a game where you stand in a circle and have to keep the balloon up, but the person to your right has to hit it after you, so you can hit all over and they have to chase it down. The girls really enjoyed it. Some of them were pretty sweaty after we finished too. After that, they sang and danced for us to songs about God. That was very cool to see. We told them the story about Shadrack, Meshach and Abednago. They were very interested and they even acted it out. They got to practice henna too. One girl practiced on me. It doesn’t look very good, but I still love it, haha. Today we’re just gonna hang out some. They’re gonna show me some different markets and little shops I can buy stuff to take back to America with me. I’m really excited cause I have some good ideas on what to get people!!!

Continue to pray for her.  And pray for the people that she encounters each day.  Specifically that they have ears to hear and a heart to receive.  

Sweetie - remember these words:  “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22.   I think you are already doing what it says.  

143

No comments: