Monday, January 28, 2013

MidWinter Take Over...

It's been a crazy couple of months since the last post.  It never seems to fail...I get real disciplined about posting regularly and then all of sudden...life intervenes...again!  But then, that's what my focus seems to be about right now - finding the balance between it all.

These past few weeks have included weekend trips to Dallas, week long trips to Dallas, meeting the newly found bio bro (post to follow at a later date), immersed in boutique work and conference events, and seeing into the future (okay, maybe not that one).

Through it all, I still have to make training a priority.  Keeping my goal of running 6 days a week, finding the balance between the training and nutrition and family and life - which sometimes seems crazy!

The nutrition has been way off and now I'm back to fighting off the 5 pounds I've added since Route 66.  I know - it doesn't seem like much, but on my frame, and with my training, it slows me down immensely!

It never fails tho - I have a great eating day and then when I fall into bed at 10:00 pm, I'm starving and the downward spiral begins - carb craving!  What?  I've never had that in the past 4 years so now I'm trying to figure out how to combat it again.  Today, I have a new strategy so I'm hoping that will help!

What do you do for getting back on track?

Here's some photos from my past few weeks of craziness!

My small group at MW2

getting ready to drive through the river to MW1

the boy on our way home from MW1

squeezing in a date night in Dallas

uncles having fun with the kids at D&B in Dallas

Ice skating! 

No comments: