Sunday, November 17, 2013

7 Days till 66!

I cannot believe it is only 7 days until Route 66!  It is going to be one crazy week!

On my last long run this morning, my knees were feeling it and the bottom of my feet were even hurting after only mile 4.

I got teary eyed thinking I may have to finish the full on my own as we aren't really sure the Perfect Pacer is up to the full with all the injuries he has been dealing with this training season.  I am just not sure that I can really go an additional 13.3 (with the Detour) on my own.  After all, I'm not as trained up as I have been in the past and my knees ache so what if the worse happens - DNF!!  It can't be an option.

I'm guessing this week will be a lot of strategy talks and getting my brain prepared for worst case scenarios and such.  After all, at this point, it'll be as much mental as physical to get across the full finish line.  I do know that I will be wise and listen to my body.  And if my body isn't up to it then a finish at the Half is more desirable then a DNF at the full.

And that is Perfect Pacer's Bday!  The big 54.  So not only will I be working hard on getting the gym reformatted and ready to go, working the expo at the Route 66 and trying to eat super clean to keep my race weight as low as possible, I've got to figure out Perfect Pacer's bday celebration!!

So far, here are my race day prep plans -Saturday night, I'll eat super simple clean complex carbs (no pasta or grains as they don't set well for me).  I'll stick with what I would usually eat - big salad, a little chicken and maybe an awesome dessert of greek yogurt with chocolate sprinkles!

Of course I'll let out all the race gear (which I'll actually do on Friday night should I need to purchase anything on Saturday).  I know, we're not supposed to try anything new on race day....but it might snow race morning!!!

And Race morning, it'll be my traditional breakfast of greek yogurt and blueberries.  And 1/2 a whole wheat bagel just for extra fuel.  I'm packing the new Salted Caramel GU in my Flip Belt, my playlist is ready and my running sunnies are good to go!  I've got a new Brooks beanie with polar fleece lining for the snow and my Brooks running gloves so my little fingers don't freeze.  Of course, there will be lots of pictures for the race re-cap!

O and if my week wasn't already going to be insane - I've been invited to participate in the Running Bloggers Forum on Saturday at the Expo!!!     Super crazy, super excited, can't wait!!!

What are some of your race week prep plans???




No comments: