Monday, May 16, 2011

May 17th, Tuesday Challenge and a little Itty Bitty Confession

Before you get the challenge, you get the confession (I'm so good to all of you)!


Setting for confession:  This past weekend, the spousal unit and I traveled to his high school multi-year reunion (all graduating classes from the same high school converging together for a very chaotic, loud time).  It was fun because we had told everyone we weren't coming and so we were a big surprise to one of his best friends and the rest of class.


More setting background:  Friday night, we headed off to the party for the "out of towners" and had a great time but no dinner (they had 9 dozen coneys) so at 10:30 pm, we headed across town to PFChangs (Fave).


Things of importance to note: 1.  I had only eaten an egg white cheeseless omelette for the whole day. 2. I hate eating that late but it was PFChangs!  3.  Couldn't beat the company!


What I ordered: (since everyone always wants to know what I eat when on the road), Edamame (which I shared with spousal unit), and tofu lettuce wraps.


Confession Time!!  And we ordered a little something to take back to the hotel,  which I ate "like a piranha"(direct quote from husband).












On the all white bed. 
But...
I made him eat 3 bites for my every 1.  

I ran 8 miles the next morning.  After all, I had to do something with all that carbo loading from the Wall!

Ok, now that I feel better about purging my soul to you...

This week's challenge is a killer!  I'm so excited!  


This is a circuit – you’ll perform 10 reps of each exercise with only a 15 sec rest between exercises.  You’ll do these circuits between your 1 mile runs.  You’ll do these four times – meaning you’ll end up with a four mile run and 40 reps of each exercise.

Body Weight Squat
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Pause, and slowly stand back up.

Judo Pushup
Begin in a pushup position but move your feet hip-width apart and forward, and raise your hips so your body almost forms an upside-down V. Lower the front of your body until your chin nears the floor. Then lower your hips as you raise your head and shoulders toward the ceiling. Now reverse the movement and return to the starting position.

Sprinter Situp
Lie on your back with your legs straight and arms at your sides, keeping your elbows bent at 90 degrees. As you sit up, twist your upper body to the left and bring your left knee toward your right elbow while you swing your left arm back. Lower your body to the starting position, and repeat to your right. That's 1 rep. 

Remember, 4 sets and 4 miles!  Told you, it was a killer!  Good luck!

For information on how to do the exercises, refer to the following website: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/quick-full-body-workout/.
o  Body Weight Squat
o  Judo Pushup
o  Sprinter Pushup



1 comment:

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

I LOVE that judo pushup! I have never tried that before but I am totally wanting to try that! Though it sounds like it might kill me... haha.

The cake looks divine!