Saturday, May 21, 2011

Why I should be a FitFluential Ambassador


I am officially entering the race for FitFluential Ambassador.  FitFluential is a new
network that connects brands and influencers who share a passion for fitness.  As a fit enthusiast, I have been trying to connect with fitness brands for years!  I’m discovering there are more brands then I have ever imagined and I’m hoping that by being a FitFluential Ambassador, I’ll find even more. 

So why should I be a FitFluential Ambassador in the great state of Texas? 

  • o   I discovered later in life the importance of fitness and I’m constantly sharing my passion for running, working out and nutrition with anyone that has two ears (yes, I’ve even yelled at my dogs about what they eat and their lack of exercise). 
  • o   I’m a wife, mom of 3 and grandmother of 1.  However, I’m a youth director and coordinate youth events for my church conference, and basically have over 400 kids.  It’s a great life; my husband is my running partner and cheerleader (I think he’d look real cute in a tutu but I’m pretty sure that won’t happen). 
  • o   I get to chase God all day and when I run, He runs with me.  Running connects me with Him on a different level then I’ve ever experienced before – I think it is because I can’t talk back when I’m running.  He actually gets to talk to me (it’s a rare thing that I’m quiet). 
  • o   I know marketing, I know event coordinating, and I know coaching.  I’m a personal trainer and nutrition coach.  What’s super important though is that I actually practice what I teach.  I believe that food is for fuel and not comfort, and that when you eat properly, your body is able to achieve anything in the world.

What?  More reasons?  Okay.... I know what it is like to hate your body as a woman.  I know what it is like to loathe yourself and think of yourself a less than worthy.  I also know what it is to like – dare I say love – your body and love the accomplishments you are able to achieve when you simply believe in yourself.  I know what it is like to find that self-confidence and embrace the creation you are.  I think this is such an important message for other woman to hear and experience. 

And another thing..

  • o   I love Texas.  I love running and fitness.  I love God and I love my family. 
  • o   My mantra is “Run till you puke.  Then run some more”.  People think it’s gross.  I think it is effective.  My clients tell me that I’m going to kill them during their workouts, I remind them that they pay me to kill them, and that if they didn’t eat donuts, they wouldn’t need to pay me to kill them.  They don’t laugh much.  Just for the record, none of my clients have died.
  • o   I’m great in front of a crowd (did I mention the wrangling of 400+ kids at events?). 
  • o   I’m often referred to as the TDO – Tiny Dangerous One.  This past winter, they decided I was in Charge of the Large – I can live with those.  One client calls me “mini-Jillian” – another one that I can live with.  
  • o   Finally, I have a story to share with women and girls of all ages.  It’s a story of defeat, self-realization, and coming out of self-judgment only to arrive at self-love, self worth and embracing who I am.  It’s a journey that I didn’t truly begin until 2 ½ years ago, and one that I am still loving and continuing.  It’s a journey that won’t end until I die.  
  • My town could use some FitFluential hitting it!  When I first moved here, there was no ground turkey breast!  That was the first thing I had to get them to order!!  Since then, I've had to fight for lots of stuff - quinoa, weight watchers food line, soy products, etc!  
I could go on and on about all the reasons why I embrace running, fitness in general and healthy eating, but I'm running out of posting time!  Bottom line is, I would love to work with FitFluential.  And at the end of the day, that's really all that matters!  


No comments: