Friday, July 8, 2011

Camp 3

Internet was spotty at River Camp so I didn't get to post a challenge.  If you scroll down to the end of this post, you'll find one tho!

I did want to take a second to share with you about Cody and William.  Cody is one of our "camp kids" and William is his youth pastor, caretaker, friend, and an amazing companion.  William accompanies Cody to all of our camps to assist Cody since he has some special needs.  Cody never asks for special considerations, or does he ever complain.  We think of Cody as just one of our great campers and love on him whenever we can.


As usual, talk of training, running and planning for the marathon somehow always comes up at camp and this time, Cody and William joined in the conversation.  William and Cody shared how they were going to run the San Antonio Rock & Roll Half.  How exciting!  William will be pushing Cody through the 13.2 mile run in efforts to educate the public as well as fundraiser for Cody's charity.  You can learn more about the charity at this link: www.active.com/donate/morganswonderland/WalkNRoll

I have to admit that I've never asked why Cody is in a wheelchair and to my defense, I haven't asked because it doesn't matter.  He's Cody and he's pretty awesome - I don't really care what has put him in there - his spirit of love & joy is contagious and replaces his wheelchair in my eyes.

I hope to keep up with William and Cody in their training efforts and will make every attempt I can to keep you posted as well.  We will definately have to plan on an after marathon meal together.

I also got a great video of this super cool penquin that showed up at camp this week:


This penquin also happens to be a 9 year old boy who lives in my house!!  Somehow, he conned one of our camp staffers out of his costume (we have multiple theme nights which require dressing up) and became our camp mascot.  I have literally had to pry it off his body.  This video has nothing to do what soever with this blog, or fitness.  

And finally, one the way home today, I got a call from one of my newer clients who has decided to participate in our lcal 5k/10k this Saturday.  She's never run a 5k and has only walked 5ks in her house on a treadmill.  My husband and I plan to run the 10k, and circle back to the 5k finish line to a) cheer her on, or b) finish running/walking the 5k with her.  I'm so excited - she has set a goal and she is going to do everything in her power to meet and complete it.   That's where I get inspiration!  

Okay - here's the challenge  - which by the way, we did at camp as well: 

25 burpees
25 mountain climbers
25 push ups
25 jumping jacks
25 squats

repeat the above

run 3 miles

then finish with 5 minute planks (1 minute plank, 30 second side plank, twist to the other side for another 30 seconds, back to the 1 minute plank, followed by another round of side planks (30 seconds each side), then finish with plank jacks).  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...I love William and Cody and am thrilled they are doing the San Antonio 1/2...what an inspiration they both are! That gives me even more gusto to do it since they are! Thanks for posting B...I just now saw this:) 143