Saturday, October 8, 2011

Two Moms in the Raw - a Two Thumbs Up Product Review


I recently discovered Two Moms in the Raw products at my local Starbucks (and by local, I mean the closest one which is 45 minutes away) as I dropped my son off at school.  I was intrigued when I read the ingredients – all things I could pronounce and were definitely not created in a science lab. 

So I dropped them a note (yep, have laptop, will Starbucks) and asked if I could try some samples and perhaps write a product review.  After all, why keep a healthy, natural snack from others? 

Within days I received a lovely brown box full of samples.  I was immediately hungry. 

The first bag I ripped into was the Sun Dried Tomato Basil Crackers.  Here’s what’s In them:  Organic Flaxseed, Organic Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Organic Kombu and Organic Herbs.

                      


I loved them.  But then I got to thinking, “it’s not me that’s got to love them – it’s the fam & kids”.  So if I went to track down some other taste testers. 

I even took them to a field trip of my son’s elementary school and got some kids to try them.  At first, I got a weird look because they don’t look like ordinary chips but once they tried them, I soon had an empty bag! 


Love these – thanks Two Moms in the Raw!! 





Here's a look at their nutritional label: 












Next, I decided I would try a little treat!  I’m always looking for a good treat for myself after the weekly long run – I have deprived myself of american made chocolate for over a year now (once I saw how much sugar is in those bars – whew!) and am always looking for a great american made product to satiate my sweet tooth.  So, I dove into these:





Here’s what in their Gluten Free Almond Butter Cacao Truffle: Organic Almonds, Organic Agave, Organic Cacao and Salt.  And their nutrition label: 


It’s pretty awesome in my life when I find a healthy, sweet!!  Wahoo – love these little nutty blessings!  Love, love, love!!

And finally, I got these: 
        


Some awesome Gluten Free Blueberry Granola – these come in bars and are great for satisfying your sweet tooth as well as providing a nutty treat.  Here is what is in these magnificent little bars:  Organic Oats, Organic Millet, Organic Buckwheat, Organic Coconut, Organic Flaxseed, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Sesame Seeds, Organic Pecans, Organic Almonds, Organic Pepitas, Organic Apples, Organic Blueberries, Organic Agave, Organic Cinnamon and Sea Salt.


The feature I like about these the most is that I can throw them in a snack size Ziploc baggie and throw one in my person.  One gets me through the entire day!  I have yet to be able to eat a whole one at a time as the nuts are so filling, so they are great for my nibbling snack and at that calorie and sugar count, they fit great into my calorie bank for the day! 

I also throw these in my husband’s lunch box and he has yet to come home with one (which means he is eating them – usually the healthier snacks come home!!). 

What I really admire about Two Moms in the Raw is that on their website, you are able to see exactly what the nutrition facts are and what is specifically in their products.  In a day and age when one is trying to get away from processed foods and preservatives, it is refreshing to have choices that are healthy, not high in calories and meet my athletic fueling needs.  

I give Two Moms in the Raw – two thumbs up!  Next time you’re in your local Starbucks (or even if you have to drive 45 minutes to find one), be sure to pick up one of their products.  You’ll be hooked!! 

They have a very user friendly website and offer a variety of Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan and Raw snacks to choose from.  Still not convinced – how would you not want to eat the same snacks that fueled the teachers and film crew of Alexandra Cousteau’s 2010 Expedition Blue Planet: North America, a 138-day long expedition in which Cousteau traveled 17,100 miles across North America investigating its chief water issues. And if that doesn’t convince you – they were nominated for a Foodie Award {1} Vegetarian Times!


You can find them online at http://www.twomomsintheraw.com/.  Be sure to tell them the Tiny Dangerous One sent ya’ (no, there’s no discount). 

What’s fueling you these unprocessed October days?  

No comments: