Sunday, January 29, 2012

Virtual Run for Sherry

It's late (not really, it's only 10:00 pm but I've been at 3 back to back weekend retreats so far with another 3 to go) but I wanted to post to get the word out.

Remember a few posts ago, when I shared that I would never run alone again, because of my friend - Shut Up and Run's  cousin who came up missing (and later found dead) after she when for her usual morning run?  SUAR has organized a virtual run - with bib - to get the word out, to bring attention to, to unite us all.

So, during MidWinter 5 (weekend retreat 5 of 6), we (Perfect Pacer & I) will run for Sherry.

You can too.

By going to Beth's (shutupandrun) blog at this link then you can get filled in on the story, print your bib, organize your buds and get your running shoes on.

So Beth, while I'm not sure what time we'll run on Feb 11 - we'll be running and we might be running with a few dozen youth.  But how cool would that be?  And I think that Sherry would think it was awesome - after all, they'll be high school age.

1 comment:

ShutUpandRun said...

Thank you, thank you for posting this. I am so happy you will be running that day. We are going to get some crazy positive momentum going!!