Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yawn....

I don't know what it has been about this transition from simple country life to stressful, hectic city life but I have found myself non-stop yawning for days now.  I've been found napping at really odd hours (like right after a 7 miler, or in the middle of the day) and going to bed early.  Weird thing is, I don't feel tired.  My eyes, they just start closing, then a yawn hits and if there is a couch or bed nearby and I have 5 minutes of un-interrupted quiet, I can be found sound asleep!  The husband says it is menopause.  Whatev...

When I haven't been experiencing the exhaustion, I've been attempting to embrace the city.  Especially the biking and running trails.


Okay, this isn't the local run trail, but it is on a night when we got to go to the Fleet Feet Nike Epic Run and test run in some Nike's.   The Hub went.  And as usual, he's entertainment for all!

This is why I married him - the muscles and brawn. 

This is my favorite local run store.  I love the Blue Dome location the most because it's downtown and well, for some reason I love running downtown.  But they also have a pretty massive Kingspointe store which is South - I got to visit it today and it was pretty awesome!

We've also done a lot of cycling lately.  We are hoping to ride the MS150 with Team Ricardos in September!  Yes, just another crazy ideal of mine...but the shirts are awesome!

You'll hear more about Team Ricardo's as we get closer to the insane ride! 

This is a scene I ran (literally) across on the Riverside trail the other day.  A group of missionary students from ORU were carrying this heavy oak cross from one end of the trail to the other and back.  They were very quiet, not being boisterous and allowing the cross and their carrying the weight of the cross be the lesson for those that saw them.

Yep, that sums up a little bit of what we've been up to.  Add in a few birthdays, a few funerals, and a lot of work and...that's been life for a bit!  My refuge as always is a long run or now adays, a nice long ride with Perfect Pacer.  What's your refuge?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

My apartment is my refuge but there's this place on Riverside Drive that I like to go to see the sun set.

Tiny Dangerous One said...

Blue Rose??? We should set a run date!